Lymphatic massage; how to do it at home? Our digestive system is under heavy pressure to remove decaying products from the body. The article will help you master the technique of lymphatic drainage massage on your own, which prevents the lymphatic flow from breaking, gives beauty to the body, and increases and strengthens health.
Suction massage is a physical effect on specific lines of the body towards lymph flow to normalize and enhance the function of the body’s lymph nodes. The lymphatic circulation system removes accumulated toxins and toxins from the cells and tissues of the body, it plays a vital role in metabolism, and its normal functioning is responsible for the well-being, vitality, and a blooming appearance.
Types of lymphatic drainage massage
Massage of the lymphatic vessels prevents system disruption and helps normalize the removal of unnecessary substances and excess fluids from the body. At home, you can perform a simultaneous massage of the whole body and its areas.
Suction dry massage for face and neck
In the lower part of the face and neck, clusters of lymph nodes filter lymph from all the organs, bones, and soft tissues of the head. Their well-organized work protects this area from damage by foreign microbes and increases the immunity of the entire organism.
Correct action on the sensitive and delicate skin of the face and neck is beneficial for its elasticity and health. You can perform lymph drainage yourself in front of a mirror.
By spending a few minutes a day on the action, you can achieve the following results:
- The swelling under the eyes disappears.
- The contours of the face and décolleté become more apparent and more toned.
- Another tick will disappear.
- It will smooth out small simulated wrinkles on the front and neck.
- Nasolabial folds become less visible.
- The water-salt balance in the cells is average because dry or oily skin becomes normal.
- The color will acquire a healthy and even complexion.
However, the method has many contraindications that must consider before the effect on the lymph flow begins.
This type of massage is contraindicated for the following diseases:
- Violation of the vascular system due to increased diameter of the blood vessels and increased sensitivity of their walls (rosacea).
- Unhealed wounds, fresh scars, or cuts on the face and neck.
- Thrombosis tendency.
- Nervous system typhus.
- Cancerous diseases.
- Enlargement or swelling of the superficial parotid, submandibular, or chin lymph nodes.
Lymphatic massage on the face and décolleté is most often performed to rejuvenate the skin, as it helps to activate metabolic processes in the cells. It is recommended to start it after 25 years; previous practice is unworkable.
Lymphatic drainage foot massage
Stagnation of lymph nodes in the lower limbs is possible due to a sedentary lifestyle, smoking, stress, tight clothing, and several other reasons. Massaging the lymph nodes on the legs is good prevention against lymph nodes and varicose veins.
Can do disinfection foot massage independently at home. It will help eliminate problems such as swelling of the legs, cellulite, dry skin, varicose veins, and muscle pain. With the help of manual drainage, the normal functioning of the venous valves, the convexity of the venous interchange is reduced, and the general condition of the lymph nodes and venous systems improves.
The physical effect on blood vessels towards the lymph flow helps to reduce the amount of adipose tissue and increases the breakdown and excretion of fatty acids. By stimulating the deep layers in the tissues of the legs, lymph nodes expand, blood flow accelerates, and muscle tension increases. It allows you to improve the shape of the legs and tighten the muscles, reducing the volume of the buttocks and thighs.
It is not recommended to go to lymph nodes with legs in the presence of the following diseases:
- Benign or malignant formations on the lower limbs;
- Venous embolism;
- Blood diseases;
- Increased body temperature due to viral infections.
Upper body lymphatic drainage
You will not be able to massage the lymph nodes in the back, arms, shoulder area, and chest on your own; that is, you will need an assistant to perform it. Mastering the technique of such massage at home is entirely within the power of your loved ones, those who are not indifferent to your health and well-being. You can learn all the techniques and techniques to perform the massage yourself and show it to other family members, who will then repeat it on your body.
Often the back muscles are overstretched due to stress or lack of regular exercise. It contributes to vasospasm, reduced lymph flow, and, as a result, worsening the transport of toxins from the intercellular space, accumulation of lactic acid in tissues, reduced immunity, and generally poor health.
Drainage in the back and upper body is essential for the proper functioning of the body, as the lymphatic system located in this area removes waste products from critical internal organs.
Massage of the lymph nodes in the upper region is intended for people with obesity or increased fluid content in the cells and intracellular space, high blood pressure, and reduced skin elasticity. Massage is also recommended for people who often have cold hands. It activates lymph flow and accelerates blood flow to the upper limbs.
Contraindications for lymphatic drainage in the upper part of the body are:
- Kidney and liver diseases;
- An increase in lymph nodes in this area – colon, axillary, elbow, and others – due to acute infectious, cancerous, or neurological diseases;
- Cardiovascular diseases;
- Skin diseases.
Manual lymphatic drainage massage in the abdomen
Abdominal lymph node massage is used for weight loss and general improvement of internal organs and tissues in the abdominal cavity. It allows you to solve several problems: tighten the abdominal skin, remove excess fat in the abdominal cavity and normalize metabolism.
At home, you can do it yourself. The main thing is to remember the contraindications: pregnancy, menstruation, and acute intestinal infections.
Application for lymphatic drainage massage
When doing a lymphatic drainage massage, the primary condition is that the fingers pass through the lymph nodes, moving towards the lymph nodes. As a rule, lymph nodes collect from above, but there are exceptions in some areas of the body. Since only pressure on the tissue in the places where the lymph goes will positively affect the operation, it is necessary to study the location of the blood vessels and lymph nodes before performing the massage.
Lymphatic drainage facial massage technique
Lymphatic vessels in the face start from the center of the face and go down to the lymph nodes. The lymph nodes are located near the ears in the temporal areas, under the lower jaw, and on the chin. Before the massage, it is recommended to hold the face over a herbal bath with hot water. Apply massage oil or cream to your hands to increase softness and hydration.
The technique is performed by touching the fingertips slightly to the skin only in the direction of the lymph flow. Drainage of the lymph nodes is carried out with movements directed from the center to the contours of the face. On the occipital part of the head, massage is done in the direction from the crown of the head down to the occipital lymph nodes behind the ears. The movements of the fingers should be slow, comparable to the speed of the lymph flow. Each massage is performed 5-6 times. Generally, the procedure takes 15-20 minutes.
Algorithm for facial lymph drainage:
- Start at the front. In the middle of the forehead, close the pads of the fingers of both hands and spread them slowly, going to the temples.
- Go down to the bridge of your nose. In the middle, close the pads of the index and middle fingers and spread the hands along the lower edge of the eye socket towards the temples.
- Massage the eyelid area with palpation. To do this, close your eyes and touch the lower and upper eyelids, starting from the nose and moving towards the temples.
- With your index fingers, draw a line along the nasolabial fold from the center to the sub-glandular lymph nodes (located on the sides of the lower jaw).
- Place your thumbs in the center of the chin, make a few smooth taps and draw a line along the lower jaw.
- Make a series of strokes from the chin down to the neck and move the lymph to the lymph nodes in the chin.
Massage lymph cleansing technique in the throat
The lymph nodes in the neck play an essential role in removing waste products from the body. To drain the lymph nodes at home, you need to study the location of these peripheral organs. There are supraclavicular folds on the front side, at the base of the neck. The upper submandibular nodes are located near the jaw.
The nodes collect lymph from all over the body, clean it, and transport it to lymph nodes that flow into the bloodstream. If a congested lymph node becomes blocked, lymph flow slows down. The massage helps clear the knot for everyday use.
Techniques for dry neck massage at home:
- Place your fingers on the back of your neck below your ears, with your thumbs pointing down but not gripping. Apply light pressure in a circle between the back of the head and the trapezius muscle. Do not touch each other with your fingers; go from top to bottom towards the little finger.
- Mark the entire series of superficial lymph nodes in the neck. Move your fingers from the bottom up from the back of the neck, making circular motions along the vertebrae and back to the outside.
- When making such circles, it is necessary to hold your fingers and lightly rub the top of the neck under the ear, in the middle, and at the base of the neck. It will ease the burden on the lymph nodes.
How to do a lymphatic drainage massage on the feet
The foot massage is performed independently and has previously relaxed and warmed up the muscles. For this:
- Sit on the sofa, stretch your leg forward, and place it on another chair. It will take the strain off the muscles.
- Lubricate your hands with massage oil or honey and slowly start stroking your fingers from ankle to knee and knee to thigh, both inside and outside.
- Gradually increase the range of motion and pressure with the fingertips. Switch between flowing lines and clapping movements.
- First, to transfer lymph from the tips of the toes to the popliteal lymph nodes. Lymphatic drainage of the feet is based on massaging with increased intensity. Warming up lymph along the lower leg is like stroking with light pressure.
- Then move higher to the inguinal lymph nodes. To do this, place your fingers on the inner side of the thigh and gently slide up in the direction of movement of the lymph node.
Lymphatic drainage in the chest
To improve the function of the lymphatic system, strengthen the immune system and normalize the work of all internal organs, as well as prevent lymphocytic, it is recommended to perform regular, at least once a week, lymphatic drainage of the whole body.
Lymphatic massage on the chest helps to clean the lymph nodes in this area, is good prevention against cysts, mastitis, and other diseases, and prevents stagnation in the mammary glands.
The massage is performed in a lying position. It is better not to perform it on your own, but ask someone from family members, since you should be completely relaxed and your hands should be under your head.
We work according to the following technology:
- From the center of the breast and towards the axils of the lymph nodes, make slow, light-pressure movements with the fingertips. Return in a circle to the center of the chest.
- Apply pressure movements between the ribs, from bottom to top. Then come back down in a process and use dynamic inflation with light strikes within reach.
- Press with closed fingers along the chest, from bottom to top.
Tips for a back massage from the lymph nodes
Back massage is performed while lying down:
- Warm up the muscles. For this purpose, a crossbar is stroked with the palm without applying oil.
- Apply a small amount of oil to your hands and spread over your back, moving from the spine to the sides.
- Press the palms firmly behind the back and lead from both sides of the divide to the lower back. Then return to the starting position, with pressure moving along the sides of the back. It is how you push the lymph nodes into the nodes. Repeat circular motions 3 times.
- Circle Pump: Use the index and middle fingers of the right and left hands to draw straight lines from the lower back to the shoulder girdle. Perform movements symmetrically, and return with contact locks along the rib line.
- Starting at the shoulder girdle and moving to the sacral joint area, make circular thrusting movements. They are drawn in straight lines to the sides of the vertebrae.
- With the edge of your hand, slide from the center of your spine to the sides of your back at a 45-degree angle. It’s like you’re drawing a herringbone on your back. It will help lymph drainage.
- In a circular motion with 2 fingers of both hands, walk along the neck – from shoulder girdle to hairline.
- Place your fingers along the spine in a shaved shape and extend your arms to the sides, pressing lightly on the skin. Start at the top of your back and work your way down. In the shoulder girdle area, the lines run between the ribs, in the lower back – along the lumbar spine.
Features of Lymphatic Hand Massage
Unlike a back massage, you don’t need an assistant to improve lymph flow in the upper extremities. Massage of the upper limbs is essential for patients after breast surgery.
We will consider the drainage method with the example of the right hand; for the left, it is similar:
- Extend your right arm in front of you.
- Apply a right-hand motion with the left hand, starting from the wrist and working towards the elbow. Repeat 5 times and switch hands.
- After you finish the exercises on the left hand, go back to the right, only now the area from the elbow to the armpit is worked. When the lymph flows towards the following axillary lymph nodes, perform 10 circles with the palm of the left hand. Then switch hands.
- The brushes are massaged with stroking movements from the fingertips to the wrist. Suction is pumped into the palm with the thumb of the opposite hand.
How to do abdominal lymphatic drainage
Abdominal drainage as a whole looks like a circular motion directly from the navel and is distributed by centrifugation to distant areas:
- Lubricate your hands with cream or oil. Run your fingers around the abdomen – starting from the bottom, on the right side, then up, over the waist, and down the left side. Along the descending colon, you must go through the intestines, from the ascending colon to the transverse colon.
- Place your fingers near your navel and slowly massage your abdomen in a clockwise circular motion.
- Make stroking movements from the left side of the core to the right and run the lymph in the vagina and shoulders.
- Finish the massage by gently tapping your fingertips around your waist.
Lymphatic massage in the face and body is intended for people over 25-30 years old. You cannot underestimate its benefits because it has a general rejuvenating effect on the body, heals it and improves protective functions, helps to remove excess weight, and cope with edema.