Cabbage on the face; how to use it? The benefits of cabbage on the face, possible contraindications, and harm. The best masks from new and sauerkraut, application rules, and honest reviews.
Cabbage for the face is a natural remedy that rejuvenates the skin and removes skin diseases. The vegetable contains many valuable elements that heal the epidermis, give it elasticity and fight against wrinkles. Cabbage in the composition of masks is used fresh and sauerkraut, both independently and in combination with other products.
The benefits of cabbage on the face
In people’s recipes, cabbage is often an ingredient that relieves inflammation. The vegetable copes well with skin defects and removes harmful substances from the pores of the cell. The product’s unique composition makes it possible to use it successfully in cosmetology to improve the skin’s condition and increase the epidermis’s turgor and elasticity.
Homemade cabbage is essential because it is rich in vitamins and minerals. The effective substances found in it have a positive effect on the condition of the skin.
Composition of cabbage on the face:
- Vitamin A – calms and moisturizes the skin, relieves inflammation, normalizes the secretion of sebaceous glands, smoothes wrinkles, promotes the release of elastin and collagen, lightens age spots;
- Ascorbic acid – rejuvenates and accelerates cell regeneration;
- Vitamin K – relieves swelling and inflammation;
- Vitamin D – removes pigmentation, and dark spots under the eyes, moisturizes the skin;
- Folic acid (vitamin B9) – reduces acne on the skin of the face;
- Vitamin U – has an anti-ulcer effect;
- Choline – normalizes fat metabolism;
- Iron – normalizes cellular nutrition and provides tissues with oxygen;
- Potassium – moisturizes, gently cares for dry skin;
- Natural acids – stop the withering process;
- Enzymes – clean the epidermis from dead particles.
The rich vegetable composition explains the benefits of cabbage for the face. Suppose you regularly make masks with cabbage juice or leaves. In that case, you can eliminate rashes and significantly improve the condition of deep skin pores. The product is effective for skin aging, rejuvenates, and prevents fading.
The plant helps fight many negative phenomena:
- Cabbage affects the deeper layers of the skin and activates energy processes. As a result, more elasticity is created; the skin becomes soft but elastic.
- The vegetable relieves acne and any rash. If you use it regularly, the complexion will be even.
- The presence of antioxidants in the composition of cabbage juice for the face helps fight inflammation and delays aging.
- Regular use of masks with cabbage prevents the appearance of wrinkles.
- The vegetable controls sebum and tightens pores. Try cabbage face masks if your skin is too oily and you’re worried about a permanent oily base.
- White pigment. The vegetables’ organic acid and vitamin C make freckles, and other age spots less noticeable.
- Destroys vascular system. Cabbage makes rosacea less noticeable. It narrows blood vessels because the “mesh” disappears.
Once you start using cabbage on the face of your skin, you can notice positive changes. The skin is tightened, refreshed, and gets an even tone and relief. To get a stable result, several cycles of masks are needed. The length of the course depends on the severity of the problem.
Both fresh and sauerkraut are suitable for eliminating skin diseases. During fermentation, enzymes are released in it; bacteria work to normalize the microflora on the surface of the skin membrane. The main benefit of sauerkraut for the face is deep hydration. Due to the increased content of acids, acne dries up, and inflammation disappears.
Important! Cabbage juice and leaves are suitable for making national recipes. The latter are pre-chopped or boiled in boiling water to soften.
Contraindications and harm to cabbage on the face
Cabbage masks based on fresh vegetables have no contraindications. If you are not allergic to this product, the recipes of people’s beauty will not cause harm.
Be careful with sauerkraut. It contains several enzymes and acids that can irritate dry and sensitive skin.
Test the skin for allergic reactions to avoid side effects. Apply cabbage juice to the elbow of the elbow and watch the result. You can use the remedy if there are no rashes or other negative manifestations.
Recipes for face masks with cabbage
There are many popular recipes for cabbage face masks. Additional ingredients in them are herbal medicines, vegetables, fruits, and fermented milk products that can positively affect the skin. Sauerkraut and fresh cabbage are used separately: they are not combined, as they can cause unwanted reactions.
Fresh cabbage face mask
For a fresh cabbage face mask, choose a new hopping fork. Before use, be sure to wash, remove the upper damaged leaves and start preparing the product.
To obtain juice, the leaf is passed through a juicer. Another way is to chop the leaves, collect them in gauze and squeeze out the liquid.
More recipes for the best face masks with juice and cabbage leaves:
- Peeling effects… Grind 200 g of leaves and mix with 1 egg yolk. Mix thoroughly, and pour in 10 ml of olive oil. Apply the mixture to your face and leave it for 15-20 minutes.
- To prevent skin problems … Prepare half a glass of fresh vegetable juice. Lubricate the face with sour cream or cream. Soak a napkin or gauze in the liquid; apply to the face for 20 minutes. Moisten the material again when it dries. After the procedure, dry the skin with a damp and dry cotton swab. Do the mask 3 times a week for 2 months.
- For dry skin with pigmentation … Dry the skin with olive oil, and make a compress with a napkin dipped in chamomile infusion. Grate 200 g of cabbage leaves, and chop into the cream. Apply the prepared ingredients to the face for 20 minutes. Regular – once every 1-2 days.
- For flaky skin … Boil cabbage leaves in milk. Grind them into gruel; add 1 egg, 1 tbsp. l. vegetable oil. Apply the product for 20 minutes on cleansed skin, and rinse with water.
- To moisturize the skin, chop the cabbage leaves until the juices run clear. Mix with 2 tbsp. l. apple cider vinegar. Add 1 tsp. Each. Honey and yeast. Apply this mixture to your face. Wash with boiled water after 15-20 minutes.
- From swelling of the face … Grind the leaves into flour, and add the same amount of grated potatoes—mix vegetables with the same amount of white clay. Apply a cabbage mask from inflammation to the face on the problem area for 5 minutes, and rinse with boiled water.
- For acne, chop 2-3 cabbage leaves, and mix with 1 tsp hydrogen peroxide and lemon juice. Stir until smooth, diluted with 1 tsp—viburnum juice. Apply the mask to the face for 5-10 minutes, and rinse with water.
- To whiten and rejuvenate the face … Roll the fresh leaves with a rolling pin and apply them to the face for 10 minutes. The change leaves twice every half hour. Carry out the procedure daily: complexion and skin condition will only improve.
Fresh cabbage rarely causes allergies and irritation on the face. But you still need to be careful if you haven’t tried cabbage masks before. If negative symptoms appear, stop using folk recipes with vegetables: redness and rashes can be caused by allergies.
Sauerkraut face mask
Sauerkraut facial masks effectively dry out acne, balance skin tone, and normalize local microflora and sebum levels. Cabbage juice is the best treatment for breakouts. Test your skin reaction by applying a little natural remedy to your elbow.
Important! Vegetables fermented due to natural fermentation are considered beneficial. Be careful: stores often sell instant cabbage with added acetic acid. Such a product has no health benefits and can even be harmful to the skin.
Also, the best recipes for sauerkraut masks:
- Anti-inflammatory … Cut the product into small pieces. 0.5 tbsp. Ingredients mixed with 80 ml of fresh apple juice, 1 tbsp. l. almond oil. Apply gruel on the face, and wash after 20-25 minutes.
- For oily skin … To eliminate oily sheen on the face, 2 tbsp. l. sauerkraut juice, mixed with 1 egg white, 1 tbsp. l. flour. Stir until the mixture is smooth. Lubricate the skin, and wash off the product after 20 minutes.
- For skin aging … Chop 100-200 g of sauerkraut. Add 1 tbsp. l. sour cream, mixed thoroughly. Put the resulting ingredients on the face, and rinse off after 15-20 minutes.
- For dry skin from wrinkles … To prepare cosmetics, you need cabbage sauce. At 3 tbsp. l. take 1 tablespoon of liquid. l. yeast. Put the workpiece aside in a warm place for half an hour so that the mass rises. Apply the mixture to the face for 20 minutes, and rinse with water. The mask perfectly tightens the oval face and gives the skin elasticity.
- Bleaching … To lighten dyes 1 tbsp. l. mix cabbage brine with 1 tsp. Lemon juice and 1 tsp. Buttermilk or yogurt. Apply the mixture to your face and leave it for 10 minutes. The mask works quickly and effectively: use it no more than once a week.
- For deep cleaning … 2 tbsp. l. mix salt water with 1 tbsp. l. ground oatmeal flakes. Lubricate the face with the product; drink the composition for 20 minutes. Rinse the skin with moisture.
The benefits of sauerkraut for the face can hardly be overstated. The effect of using the mask is noticeable after the first operation. But remember: this is a powerful remedy, and you must use it carefully to avoid harming yourself.
Rules for using a mask with cabbage on the face
To maximize the benefits of kale masks, you must use them correctly. To do this, follow several recommendations from experienced cosmetologists.
How to use cabbage on the face:
- Choose fresh vegetables. Lying down with limp leaves will do little good.
- For sauerkraut masks, harvest the vegetables or buy a proven natural product. It would help if you were sure it does not contain acetic acid or other additives.
- Prepare cosmetics immediately before use. Please do not leave the composition in the refrigerator for a long time: there will be little benefit from it.
- Be sure to check yourself for allergies to the product’s ingredients.
- Clean the skin thoroughly with a mild cosmetic before the procedure. Do not use harsh scrubs. They damage the skin. After cabbage masks, a burning sensation may occur.
- Keep natural cosmetics on your face for 5-20 minutes, depending on the ingredients. If the composition contains aggressive components, for example, lemon juice, reduce the procedure time to 5-15 minutes.
- Wash off the mask with boiled water or herbal extract.
Compliance with these rules will help prevent side effects and get the most out of the procedure.
Honest reviews about cabbage on the face
Reviews of cabbage face masks are primarily favorable. The natural remedy is excellent for treating skin imperfections. Vegetable juice heals micro-cracks on the skin’s surface and balances the tone of the face. Sometimes there are negative reviews about cabbage from the beginning. Women indicate that after the mask, they get a rash and feel itchy. They may not have tested for allergies, or the skin may be too sensitive to the effects of cabbage juice.
Marina, 29 years old
I have used cabbage since childhood. As soon as pimples appear, I knead the leaves and apply them to my face. After a few days, it all goes away. The method is entirely natural, without side effects, and most importantly, it works.
Svetlana, 35 years old
Cabbage helps me fight wrinkles. I mix the flour from the leaves with sour cream, apply and rinse off. After a week, the skin looks young and fresh. The effect lasts for 2-3 weeks. Then I repeat the course.
Alexandra, 45 years old
Cabbage was recommended to me by a friend who often uses vegetables for wrinkles. I decided to give it a try. She smeared her face with ferocity and held it. Then I applied the cream. In the morning, I covered all skin with spots—only one after 3 days. I think I’m allergic to cabbage. I don’t use it any.